Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Hole in the Head

I had a mole removed from my head (biopsied, benign) in October, and it scabbed over, but the scab never went away -- until this weekend, when I was up in Boston, and woke up with no scab, just a bleeding open wound the size of an Eisenhower silver dollar. So I went to the doctor today, and he referred me to the Open Wound Center at Kingston Hospital.

I called, and apparently it's not easy to get a referral to the Open Wound Center -- but before I could start the process, I had to give them my insurance info (which Pat has). I told them I'd get it, but my insurance through the college was just about to run out as soon as the Spring semester starts, and then I'd be using Medicare.

"It's too bad you don't have Medicare now, because it's a lot simpler with Medicare."

"I do have Medicare now."

"That won't help."

"Why not?"

"Because you already told me you have another plan."

"But I haven't told you who I am. So I could just call back this afternoon, and start over from scratch."

"Well, that would work if you don't get me."

No comments: