Friday, June 14, 2013

What our lives are really like

The Burgess BoysThe Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Elizabeth Strout is a first rate writer, and I should have liked this more than I did. She has a fine ability to zero in on the subtleties of what's wrong with people. But I don't know...I think that what's really wrong with people is that witches keep telling them they can be king if they'll only murder a bunch of people, or that they've killed their father and married their mother, or even that their balls have been shot off and their girlfriend is having it on with a bullfighter. Those ring a bell with all of us, right?
I kept wanting this book, and these people, to mean more to me.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Lette's Haven said...

Thanks for giving your readers a brief info about the book. Keep it up!

System of Greatness