Sunday, June 25, 2006

Carved Sculpture

It was brought to my attention recently that I don't have any examples of Harvey's carved work, either here or on the website. So here are a couple, and I'll be adding them to the website too. These are both stone -- I'll be posting some of the work in wood as well.

Gluttony, 12"x9"x9", travertine. We're not sure of the dates of any of these. A guess on this would be late 40s-early 50s.

Megalomania, 30.5"x7"x4", marble. I'd place this one in the early 50s, possibly carved in 1950 when Harvey and Barbara spent a year in Rome.

Both of these are in my collection, in the house at Opus 40.

Thanks to Cindy Bell for cataloging all the carved pieces we have records of.

1 comment:

Zee said...

Hello "neighbor" - just stumbled across your blog, excellent!
My studio is in Hillsdale/Columbia County.
Presently I work on a recycling bin enclosure for the town of Great Barrington (MA) - some pics are on my blog, you might check it out. But there is all kind of other stuff in my journal as well, just to warn you ..